A freight forwarder, forwarder, or forwarding agent, is a person or company that organizes shipments for individuals or corporations to get goods from the manufacturer or producer to a market, customer or final point of distribution. Forwarders contract with a carrier or often multiple carriers to move the goods. A forwarder does not move the goods but acts as an expert in the logistics network. The carriers can use a variety of shipping modes, including ships, airplanes, trucks, and railroads, and often use multiple modes for a single shipment. For example, the freight forwarder may arrange to have cargo moved from a plant to an airport by truck, flown to the destination city and then moved from the airport to a customer’s building by another truck.
International freight forwarders typically handle international shipments and have additional expertise in preparing and processing customs documentation and performing activities pertaining to international shipments. Information typically reviewed by a freight forwarder includes the commercial invoice, shipper’s export declaration, bill of lading and other documents required by the carrier or country of export, import, and/or transshipment.
Your Goods are in Good Hands
The shorthand description of the freight forwarder as the “Architect of Transport” illustrates the commercial position of the forwarder relative to its client.
Regardless of the destination of the cargo, Airline Cargo Services Inc can offer different carrier services options such as trucking or land freight, air freight, and ocean or sea freight. We have worldwide connections due to our extensive work in the logistics field and our company has connections with various logistics services and shipping companies for the work involved. We can also offer additional transportation options besides air freight and sea freight to get your cargo to its destination as soon as possible with the following options: rail, van, flatbeds, reefers, and logistics management.
- Configurable options to best serve your needs
- Airport-to-airport and door-to-door delivery
- Reliable schedules and fast transit times
- Dedicated customer service 24-7
- AOG, Critical and routine
AIRLINE CARGO SERVICES INC. believes customer service should always be a priority when looking for partners in business, especially when you must trust us to deliver your goods on time and in good condition. We pay attention to your needs as a client and exhibit the same dedication and attention to detail when it comes to freight forwarding. In business since 1986 here at JFK airport in New York we have encountered most of the challenges in the transportation of cargo. Especially when it comes to international freight because there are a lot of issues involved such as the handling and loading of oversized or hazmat cargo, rerouting of cargo, shutdown of ports, warehousing problems, and many more during these difficult times worldwide . We are a logistics company that has been around for years with extensive experience and knowledge involved in both local and international freight to support your companies special requirement needs.
Questions? Call AIRLINE CARGO SERVICES INC today (516)-371-1545
Importing and exporting are key components for many lucrative businesses. International shipping could present great business opportunities for you, but may also seem daunting.
Airline Cargo Services Inc is an international freight forwarder whom acts as the agent for the exporter and can move cargo from “dock-to-door,” providing several significant services such as:
- Advising on exporting costs including freight costs, port charges, consular fees, costs of special documentation, insurance costs and freight handling fees;
- Preparing and filing required export documentation such as the bill of lading and routing appropriate documents to the seller, the buyer or a paying bank;
- Advising on the most appropriate mode of cargo transport and making arrangements to pack and load the cargo;
- Reserving the necessary cargo space on a vessel, aircraft, train, or truck.
- Making arrangements with overseas customs brokers to ensure that the goods and documents comply with customs regulations.
We are licensed by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) to handle airfreight.
We will move your products anywhere in the world, from your dock facility to your customer’s facility. We will also design a solution that will satisfy any requirement to provide a comprehensive array of transportation services designed to address the complexities of international shipping.
Working with a Freight Forwarder like Airline Cargo Services Inc.
- The simplest definition of a freight forwarder is that of a “travel agent for freight.” International freight forwarders are agents that ship cargo to foreign destinations. We are familiar with the import rules and regulations of foreign countries, U.S. export regulations, different shipping methods and necessary documents. Freight forwarders are licensed by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) to handle air freight.
- Our office is able to assist exporters in preparing price quotations by advising on freight costs, port charges, consular fees, costs of special documentation, insurance costs involved in the transport of goods. We may recommend packing methods that will protect the merchandise during transit, or can arrange to have the merchandise packed at the port or put in containers. We also reserve the necessary space on a vessel, aircraft, train or truck. The cost for their services is a factor that should be included in the price charged to the customer.
- Once the goods are ready for transit, our office should review all export shipping documents to ensure that everything is in order prior to the movement. This review is of particular importance with letter-of-credit payment terms. We may also prepare the bill of lading and any special required documentation, also can route the documents to the seller, the buyer, or a paying bank. We can also make arrangements with customs brokers overseas to ensure that the goods comply with foreign import documentation-regulations.
- A customs broker is an individual or company that is licensed to transact customs business on behalf of others. Customs business is limited to those activities involving transactions related to the entry and admissibility of merchandise; its classification and valuation; the payment of duties, taxes or other charges assessed or collected; and the refund, rebate or drawback of those charges.
What could I expect Airline Cargo Services Inc to do for me?
We will be able to understand your requirements and identify the best transport option to move the shipment in the required timeframe and at a competitive price.
As well as these core transport services we are able to offer:
- Customs clearance – able to complete customs paperwork on your behalf, as well as offer the facility to pay any taxes or duties owed to customs on your behalf
- All other shipping documentation such as Bills of Lading, Certificates of Origin, letters of credit or any documents required by banks before payment is released
- Insurance – able to supply insurance services to insure your shipments for loss or damage
- Logistics and supply-chain management, which has many facets but can consist of fulfilment, customs consultancy, trucking and warehousing, to contract logistics services, plus other similar value added services.
The main benefits of working with Airline Cargo Services Inc are:
- Industry expertise and knowledge.
- We can leverage your buying power to reduce transport costs.
- You can focus on your business, not complex transport or customs procedures.
- Worldwide network of agents.
- We provide confidence to export to or import from new markets.